Tuesday 26 March 2013

Triggers.

Hello all,

I think something that I would like to talk about is triggers and that I know that with the Eating Disorder,
many of us tend to face triggers outside. Be it friends, family, or even strangers that we see walking on
the street.

I don't know for you guys but for me, I really find it very triggering if someone is really skinny AND also restrict their intake and often obsess about food or other people food. Although I know that that is what I do as well, I just feel that this is my identity and that no one should snatch this part of me.

Maybe some things to share with you, some personal feelings.
Have you ever asked yourself, why would you get triggered when normal people don't get triggered by the skinny people but rather get turned off by them?

That is because we are all sick and that we want to be like the skinny ones, so we are in a sense "jealous" of them being so sick and that we continue harping on the fact that we are fatter, heavier, bigger than them.

But, this is something that I feel reassuring if you want to cope with triggers. Just ask yourself, "How long can they sustain this? And even if they become skinny, are they truly happy?"

I guess, thats the main goal of my topic today. If there is any triggers that you find around you, please feel free to comment on this post and we will discuss them one by one.
I just want all of you to know that you are be-YOU-tiful the way you are, stay strong guys! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment